Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Beginning ...


Hi! I am Shobitha. I am a masters student, and I can honestly say, I enjoy cooking more than I enjoy Economics (sad, but true). I love eating as much as the next person, but the only difference being I eat all the time. My love for cooking started a few years back, when I was addicted to cooking shows- I am what you call, a cooking show junkie, and anything to do with Kylie Kwong, Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Anjum Anand, and Gordon Ramsay... I had to watch, reruns too. My rehab was my kitchen. Hence, my love for cooking kicked in. I also realized it is a stress buster, I am not going to be saintly and say, “I like to see the happiness my food brings to others.” Screw that.  Cooking is my therapy- my escape.


This cooking project started as a way of killing the boring summer days and turned into a passion.  With plenty of time in my hand, I decided to take respite by cooking my way through this summer. This is my blog space for recipes slash disasters slash restaurant trips slash anything food- related.

This is my journey in mastering the art of baking and cooking (too).   I have always enjoyed the idea of baking; cakes are my comfort food, nothing like a good slice of cake to lift my spirits up. Having said that, this blog is just not about cakes, (I would like it to be, but no.) I am going to try non-bake stuff, too. Enjoy!
Love,
Shobitha
            
P.S- I wanted the recipe to be a cake, and I have absolutely no time to bake one. I will have the first food post this weekend, I promise.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Shobi and welcome to the world of blogging.

    Cheers
    Anisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing all your food blogs!!! With pictures and recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ANISHA- Thank you so much :)
    @Swati- Yes, picture and all, included :) thank you for the support:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello madam

    I'm Manish from MSE. could u share the recipe for sambhar...i love chennai sambhar...

    Thanx in advance.
    Manish.

    ReplyDelete