Thursday, February 4, 2016

My oven turns 1, and I must bake

                                                                   


I've been contemplating on getting back to the blogging business for a while and  while I looked at the perfect timing, there wasn't one. So I told myself, do it now. Your oven just turned one! The things we have gone through together last year. Oh, all the feels.

On a serious note though, I've been keen on healthy baking and baking, in general. I want to lessen my dependency on the gas cooking and fry things. My motto now is : If you can fry it, you can bake it.

So, I've been doing my research on some wonderful vegan recipes, healthy baking recipes and down right indulgent recipes. This recipe was inspired by one of my most favorite bloggers: Everybody Loves Sandwiches. For the original recipe click here!


For mine, please keep reading. I of course did not go all vegan simply because of unavailability of ingredients and  personal preferences. Although, I changed ingredients, I can guarantee this was a killer recipe. I may or may not have had more than 2 muffins in the morning.  So here goes nothing.


                                                                      GO BANANAS







Ingredients:


2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 large or 3 small ripe bananas
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup honey
2/3 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup (mixture of almonds, flax seeds and pumpkin seeds) SIDE NOTE: Please feel free to mix and match whatever nuts you feel like, Go nuts. I am sorry, I had to ;) End of side note.

1/2 cup chopped dates

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 C

Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, saly and set aside.

In a bowl, add dates, bananas, honey, olive oil, milk, nuts mixture and mix well.

Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix well until the dry ingredients combine well with the wet ingredients. 

If you think the mixture is too dry, please add few drops of milk to loosen the mixture. 

In a prepared muffin tin, for reference purposes I use silicon tray simply because not once has my cake / muffin has had this sticking to the tin issues.

This recipe makes 10 big muffins. 

This is such an healthy alternative for breakfast or pre-workout snack. Guilt-free and indulgent. 

Have a lovely weekend, guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment